Friday, March 13, 2009

Needles and more needles...

Today was my first doctor's appointment for my IVF cycle. They had to draw blood to make sure my horomones are right, and they did and ultrasound to make sure my ovaries are ready to start growing eggies! The ultrasounds I have to have are not your regular, on the tummy ultrasounds... The doctor uses and wand that has to go... well, you know where... anyways today was an interesting day... Sorry for a little TMI!! I sat back and the ultrasound machine wasn't working, so I had to walk halfway naked to another room... but everything looked great! I am good to start my egg growing medications on Tuesday! Then I will be doing 2 injections a day! One in the morning and one in the evening. So anyways.... after the ultrasound I had to give blood, and I am completely horrible when it comes to giving blood. For some reason, I get light headed after and sometimes I pass out. I can usually feel it coming on though, so I hurry and put my head down. Well, I told them that I pass out, and that I need to lay down when they draw me, so I laid down. One girl came in the room and was getting my arm ready to be poked... My mom was trying to distract me by talking about my doggies, and I felt the poke... waited a little bit, and in a flash it was over. I was relieved, but then the girl told me that she hadn't got any blood, and she was going to try my other arm.... DANG it!! I thought it was over! So she goes to my other arm... same thing... poke... wait, all done! But then she says she still didn't get anything, so she goes to get another nurse! I was so not up for that today! Well, this new girl I have worked with a lot, and we've spent quite a bit of time together... so I was happy to have her, and she got it on the first try! Finally! So that was my fun adventure for today. I also have to add that all these medications are making me a crazy person... Yesterday I yelled at Kylle for the stupidest little things... sorry babe!! I think he understands! It's only going to get worse as I continue to add more medications...

No comments: