Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Catching up... Kitchen




Well, I haven't done any blogging yet really, so I thought I would try to add some older stuff. I really like this way of journaling, it will be so nice to look back at! Ok... so the Kitchen.. Well, Kylle bought me some really nice Calphalon pots for Christmas, and a rack to hang them on. He very kindly installed the rack the day after Christmas, and having the nice stainless rack and pots reminded me that my kitchen needed a little makeover. When we bought the house the cabinets were a hideous darkish oak, with gold handles and hinges... So the first thing I did, was paint the cabinets a red, and replace all the hardware with silver pulls and hinges. That kept me happy for a while, but with a fancy pot rack I needed something better, and I had been bugging Kylle to make me new cabinet doors for a while anyway, so... He refaced my cabinet doors, we painted everything black, and he even built me, FROM SCRATCH, not a box... a big pantry cabinet. The previous owners had taken the original pantry cabinet out... so I am attaching pictures of my beautiful new cabinet my smart, amazing, wonderful husband built for me! The top of it is shelves, and then there are two huge drawers at the bottom.
The Whole Kitchen

2 comments:

MC Lewis said...

It looks good!!

Kirsten said...

That looks so awesome. Too bad I didn't come and look at it when I was there. I see that Kylle is just as handy as our dad. Hope all is well! Love ya!